It’s always wonderful to fully customize your wedding to your own interests and passions as a couple. It’s your wedding… and your day should absolutely reflect your personalities, your hobbies and your loves. And if your passion is all things wine related, why not have a wine inspired wedding theme? Of course, it’s fantastic if you have a vineyard or winery wedding venue within reach, however you don’t need to hold your wedding at a vineyard to have a wine themed wedding. It’s easy to find inspiration for a wine themed wedding event anywhere you choose to have your wedding! Here are some other excellent ideas for wine connoisseur couples:
- Grape leaf vines adorning columns, tables and other blank spaces at your reception
- Aged, dark oak signs and décor items that have a rustic vibe
- Grapes (real and/or faux) placed around tables and decorating chairs along the aisle
- Wood wine crates (especially vintage ones) to fill with flowers for your reception
- Wooden wine barrels flanking both sides of the aisle, overflowing with large flower arrangements, or used as hightop tables during your cocktail hour
- Grape leaves or wine bottle designs for your invitations, save-the-date and thank you cards
- A burgundy, merlot or deep purple theme color
- Empty or filled wine bottles as table numbers. Place them in burlap bags for a wonderfully rustic touch
- Bottles of fine wine as guest favors for a small wedding event
- Corks with name tags attached as your escort cards
- Personalized wine bottle openers as wedding party gifts
- A selection of fine wine, cheese and fruit during your cocktail hour
Of course, it’s even easier to have a wine themed wedding if you choose to hold your event at a winery or vineyard if one is within reasonable driving distance. The entire backdrop of your wedding will immerse guests in an escape to wine country… or a cozy get-together in a rustic wine cellar. And just imagine having your first look captured outside in between the rows and rows of grapevines!
And if you can swing it, there’s always the option for a destination wedding in a quintessential “wine country” location, like the Tuscany region of Italy, the Bordeaux wine region in France or in the North Coast of California! Everyone’s go-to wedding info website, Wedding Wire, described the latest destination wedding trends and listed their first hotspot as Livermore, CA. Touting it as the “new Napa”, wedding professionals and travel agents say wine-loving couples are flocking to this Central Coast town to have the vineyard wedding of their dreams. Sustainability in food and beverages is also big in this historic wine country valley, and farm-to-table choices can be found at more affordable prices than in neighboring California locations.
We’ve filmed quite a few weddings where romantic vineyard charm was the theme! Kristin and Ryan recently held their gorgeous wedding at the renovated Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City. The Vineyard Ballroom, with its exposed rustic wood ceiling beams, was adorned with gorgeous flower arrangements filled with beautiful merlot red blooms.
Lauren and Adam, a fabulous couple we filmed several years ago, had the perfect wine inspired wedding at Laurita Winery in New Egypt, NJ. They didn’t miss any wonderful opportunity to incorporate their wine theme and with this winery venue, it couldn’t have come together more perfectly! They had cork escort cards and wine bottles in numbered burlap bags leading guests to their seats at the reception. Lauren and Adam also took time out to stroll around the vineyards for beautiful photos and video content. The color theme was a deep purple, reminiscent of grapes, and of course, they had fine wines served during the cocktail hour.
October 15th, 2021
by Kristi Chapman
in Tips & Ideas