We know that you understand the importance of getting your hair just right on your wedding day. You’ve probably been scanning pinterest and bridal hair websites since your engagement day for just the perfect “do” for you. It has to be beautiful and yet tough enough to withstand the rigors of your wedding day schedule! And it also has to fit you to a T. Here are some quick tips to ensure that your wedding day hair is picture perfect!
- You must have a practice run before the wedding day, even if you’re having a friend do your hair instead of a professional stylist. Don’t wait until the morning of your wedding to actually try out your wedding day hair style!
- Be prepared to show your stylist exactly the look you want for your wedding. Describe your wedding theme in detail, bring a pinterest board ready to go on your smartphone and/or magazine photos of the styles you like. Show and tell him or her everything you can about your wedding, from the dress to the venue to the flowers and the colors. You should even wear the makeup you plan to wear on your wedding day. You want to walk away from your trial run with confidence that the look you want will all come together seamlessly on your big day.
- Consult with your stylist for the best products and procedures to manage your hair, even before your trial run. Be sure to follow their advice and obey their requests for what to do with your hair before your trial run and especially on your wedding day (i.e. wash or don’t wash, products to use and products to avoid).
- Use hair accessories. Your wedding day might just be the only day in your life that you really should add some “bling” to your hair. Whether you use a brooch, pin, jeweled comb, crown, headband, veil or fascinator… while you want to look like yourself, you do want to look extra glamorous on your big day.
- Tell your stylist immediately all the things you like and don’t like about the look they’ve created for you. Don’t be afraid to tactfully make it known if some part of your style bothers you. Be sure that you are completely satisfied and excited about your hair style before you leave that stylist’s chair!
- Finally, be sure that you’re going with a style that already says “you”. Be fancy, but don’t stray too far from your normal and natural look. Your true personality needs to shine on your wedding day.
There’s not a single bride that we’ve filmed who didn’t get their hairstyle absolutely perfect for their wedding day! So it’s simply not possible to choose our favorites… For some more recent examples of beautiful bridal hairstyles styled long and free-flowing, see both Celeste’s and Jamie’s beautiful long locks and loose curls. And for glamorous updos, check out Nancy’s relaxed updo with a veil attached for the ceremony and a brooch for the reception and Julianne’s updo with plaits and a lovely comb. They’re ALL so stunning!
July 12th, 2019
by Kristi Chapman
in Tips & Ideas